When I saw this, my first thoughts were, "Oh, no. I hate talking about myself! How on Earth am I going to come up with seven facts about my writing?? And if that's not bad enough, I have to force this horror on seven other people??"
So now, I'm sitting here typing this post, hoping the facts will just appear on the page as my fingers fly across the keys without any conscious effort.
Well, that didn't work, but I'm not one to give up easily. So, let's see what I can come up with.
1. I've always been a seat of my pants kinda writer (pantser), pretty much. I'll have an idea of the way I want a story to go, but I've never really written down any kind of notes or outline. So I went and read up on planning and outlining. Now I can't write. Ironic, huh? All I can think about is trying to figure out my plot points, turning points, climax and resolution. And all I get is BLANK. I've been trying to write short pieces from prompts and it seems to help me write without overthinking it.
2. I'm a perfectionist. This is a terrible hindrance to my writing. Sometimes I will spend all day writing, and rewriting, and rewriting, and then rewriting some more, on a single paragraph. I try to move on and tell myself that I'll come back and edit the whole piece at once later on, but I can't think about anything else until that paragraph is exactly the "perfect" way I want it.
3. Description is my favorite thing to write. I'm working on a post now about how I do it and what I think about when writing description. Watch for it!! ;)
4. I like to write dialog. Pick your jaw up off the floor. I have a lot of fun with it. When you know your characters really well, and you let them do the talking in your story, sometimes it really surprising what comes out of their mouths.
5. I have trouble finishing. I tend to start a project, get distracted by another project, and never get back around to it. I'm trying to work on shorter pieces til I get my project endurance down.
6. I like to write Fantasy, but Romance is my true passion. I crack myself up sometimes, lol.
7. People who know me find this one really surprising. I'm EXTREMELY shy around people I don't know. Just the thought of public speaking causes me to break out in hives and hyperventilate. Just speaking to people in public scares me speechless (again with the irony, I know). I know this is something I need to work on getting past. I believe it stems from low self-esteem. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to anything I have to say. So I feel like talking to people is somehow forcing misery upon them. I know this is ridiculous. Really, I do. I'm a fairly intelligent person, and I know that I can, occasionally, offer valuable insight and even just be fun to hang out with. I never said this was a RATIONAL fear.
So, because of this crazy shyness, I can't bring myself to force this on anyone, or even imply that they should do it. So, if you feel so inclined (and I hope you do, cause I love reading odd and/or random facts about people, and they are great places to pick up quirks for your characters), post a blog on your site and share seven facts about you and/or your writing. And you can even tag seven others to do it also, if you want. Then, in the comments below, please post a link to your page of answers so I can check it out.
Good luck in all you do. Happy writing!!
Also: ROW80 Update #3 April 11th
I know, I'm a little early. But I should have posted on Sunday, so really, I'm a little late. Oops. ;)
You can see my goals here.
Writing: Sunday/Monday - 666 words on my description post, Tuesday - 747 words on this post
Reading: One down, three to go!
Editing: Still only at 6 pages overall. Gotta work on this!!!
Blogging: This post, with update!!