Writers, at least most of the ones I know, are always unsure about their writing. Is it good or bad? Will others like it? And the answers I give myself are always changing.
Sometimes I look at what I've written and think, "Wow, this is absolutely genius! I'm gonna win endless awards with my innate ability to put words together in awe-inspiring ways!!"
Then, five minutes later, I'll look at that same passage again, and think, "This is absolute garbage! I'm completely worthless as a writer and I don't know why I ever attempted to put words on a page."
Then, I'll read it through again, and wonder, "What will everyone else think about this? Will anyone like it?" It's so hard to gauge how others will view your work, especially when you can't decide what you think about it yourself.
So, I was absolutely thrilled to find that I'd been nominated by Ann Stanley for the Liebster Blog!! I looked it up and liebster means "beloved". I'm so happy to know that at least one person out there enjoys reading the words I put together. She even went as far as to say this about my blog, " I always enjoy her lightness of spirit and the fun range of topics and occasional bits of fiction." I'm a little in awe. Thank you so much, Ann, for your thoughtful appreciation.
1. Thank the one who nominated you by linking back.
2. Nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Let your nominees know by leaving a comment on their sites.
4. Add the award image to your site.
Since I've already thanked Ann, I'm moving on to my nominees. This was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. There are so many fun blogs out there that I wanted to list here. But, alas, I could only pick five, so here they are for your perusal and pleasure.
1. Dana Dampier's Crazy, Poetic Life - Dana writes great poetry and has three kids (like me) so I like her a lot!! ;)
2. Lara Britt's Writing Space - Lara lives in Hawaii and posts about local stuff on Fridays. She also posts about writing nooks, which are my favorite places to be!!
3.Lauri Meyers's Your Imagination is the Limit - Lauri has a great voice and I often laugh out loud when reading her posts.
4. Kelly Williamson's This is Mine...Seriously - Kelly has been writing about tough times with a mental illness in the family. She's in the process of changing up her blog and I, for one, am excited to see where she takes it.
5. Linda Hatton's The Whatnot Shop - Linda posts about lots of different topics, all interesting.
Okay, now I have to go and comment on these sites and let them know. ;)
Oh, and here is my ROW80 update:
This only thing I accomplished last week was my blog post on feeling overwhelmed. Not a very productive week at all. I'm starting off a little better this week. Hopefully, I can keep it up. ;)